About Me

My photo
I finally made it to the adventure of a lifetime and now I'm a citizen of the World. Indy author, blogger, in love with being an author - Mom of two grown children and widow of the most wonderful man to ever live - Devon "Pete" Hall.

Friday, August 21, 2015

At Long Last - Goodbye Old Friends!



I’m on my way next week! I’ve managed to sell both my car and my RV I have been living in for six years and I’m ready! August 26th is my final day at work and after visiting with my Mom for a couple of days, I’m off on August 29th.

My beloved Bebe
The first of my travels will be simply to see my son and his family in Southern California and then visit with my daughter in Phoenix until we’re ready to take off for our first adventure in early September. We’ve tentatively chosen The Philippines but that could change when we sit down together and kibbutz a bit. This may be my girl’s one and only trip to Asia so we’ll choose carefully.

Yesterday, when a gentleman bought both car and RV, I had a very difficult time calming down.  As some of you know, I’ve been planning this lifestyle change since July of 2014. For an “instant gratification” girl, this has been one long haul. From about 10 am, until the late evening sometime, I felt light-headed and even a bit dizzy. As odd as it sounds, I believe my blood pressure was actually dropping. The sense of unreality and overwhelming freedom was too much for me to take in. I’m fine this morning. 

I’m about to go get a Starbucks then come back and actually pack up my stuff. It will require one last pass through my belongings, to whittle them down to what’s really necessary and desirable to keep and which of those things I’ll actually take with me. 

Good ole Wanda

I’m looking forward to sending you dispatches and photos from the road!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I love that you named your RV!

    ...so, you know that I'm a mail art junkie...it got me to thinking...how does an ExPat get snail mail? ...or do they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you can...but it's tough if you're moving around a lot like I will be. But there are many expats that have regular addresses and can receive mail. I hear it truly is snail mail, a month to get something in the Philippines for instance. I'm having my mail sent to my daughter, who will sort it out if anything needs taking care of and will scan and email it to me.

    ReplyDelete