About Me

My photo
I finally made it to the adventure of a lifetime and now I'm a citizen of the World. Indy author, blogger, in love with being an author - Mom of two grown children and widow of the most wonderful man to ever live - Devon "Pete" Hall.

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Vagabonding! A Real Thing



I’m in the midst of reading Vagabonding: An Uncommon Guide to the Art of Long-Term World Travel by Rolf Potts. This may be the most relevant-to-my-life book I’ve ever read. 



I’m now to the portions of the book that are tips and information on the actual travel involved, but it began as a lengthy description of the art of vagabonding.I fell in love with the term and the idea, which I had already envisioned for myself. The real surprise for me was that - lo and behold - there was an actual thing and name for what I intend to begin in the next three weeks: traveling around the world on the cheap, staying in each place for an extended period until I feel saturated by the country, place and people. 

If you are at all entranced by the idea of travel like this but think you can't pull it off, please read this book. You will quickly decide that it IS possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment