About Me

My photo
I finally made it to the adventure of a lifetime and now I'm a citizen of the World. Indy author, blogger, in love with being an author - Mom of two grown children and widow of the most wonderful man to ever live - Devon "Pete" Hall.

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Images from Ho Chi Minh City



Christmas decorations at Vincom Center

I’ve enjoyed my two weeks in this vibrant city, in spite of nearly a week down and out with a tenacious cold. Here I learned something new about travel for me as well; the trick is to really take a good look at a place and find its character, then grab onto to the main thing and enjoy!
Temple to Thiên Hậu, the Lady of the Sea














For instance, HCMC has a huge population, 7.5 million this year, and many fabulous buildings, mostly very modern but the heartbeat of the city is
Interior of the Central Post Office
tourism and that really lives in what I’m now calling Backpacker Central. I’m working on a post on that whole scene and should be posting it in a day or two.

In the meantime, here is a collection of pictures I’ve taken around the city. Enjoy…

Exterior of the Central Post Office



Odd angle but I love it! Notre Dame!
Reunifiction Palace
Formal reception room in Reunification Palace
Ordinary intersection

2 comments: